GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
SESSION LAW 2019-152
HOUSE BILL 243
AN ACT amending the state human resources act relating to the consultative and technical assistance provided to state workplace safety programs by the office of state human RESOURCES AND AMENDING THE DEFINITION OF ELIGIBLE OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES IN THE FLEXIBLE COMPENSATION PLAN TO INCLUDE MEMBERS OF THE CONSOLIDATED JUDICIAL RETIREMENT SYSTEM AND LEGISLATIVE RETIREMENT SYSTEM.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. G.S. 143‑583 reads as rewritten:
"§ 143‑583. Model program; technical assistance; reports.
(a) Model Program. – The Office of State Human Resources shall:
(1) Maintain a model program of safety and health requirements to guide State agencies in the development of their individual programs and in complying with the provisions of G.S. 95‑148 and this Article.
(2) Establish guidelines for the creation and operation of State agency safety and health committees.
(3) Adopt policies that shall govern the administration of the workers' compensation program and monitor compliance with Chapter 97 of the General Statutes.
(4) Establish guidelines for the delegation of certain administrative functions as necessary for the administration of the workers' compensation program to State agencies, as defined in this section.
(b) Repealed by Session Laws 2015‑241, s. 30.18(b), effective July 1, 2015.
(b1) Technical Assistance. – The Office of State Human Resources shall:
(1) Provide consultative and technical services to assist State agencies in establishing and administering their workplace safety and health programs and to address specific technical problems.
(2) Monitor compliance with this Article.
(c) Reports. – The Office of State Human Resources shall report annually to the Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations on the safety, health, and workers' compensation activities of State agencies, compliance with this Article, and the fines levied against State agencies pursuant to Article 16 of Chapter 95 of the General Statutes."
SECTION 2. G.S. 126‑95(c) reads as rewritten:
"(c) As used in this section, the term
"eligible officers and employees" means any officer or employee
authorized to participate in the Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement
System, the Consolidated Judicial Retirement System, the Legislative Retirement
System, and the State Health Plan."
SECTION 3. This act is effective when it becomes law.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 11th day of July, 2019.
s/ Carl Ford
Presiding Officer of the Senate
s/ Tim Moore
Speaker of the House of Representatives
s/ Roy Cooper
Approved 11:21 a.m. this 22nd day of July, 2019