§ 106-277.6. Labels for vegetable seeds in containers of one pound or less.
Labels for vegetable seeds in containers of one pound or less shall show the following information:
(1) Name of kind and variety of seed.
(2) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-455, s. 4, effective October 1, 2009.
(2a) Lot identification.
(3) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-455, s. 4, effective October 1, 2009.
(3a) One of the following, as applicable:
a. The statement "Packed for (year)" or "Sell by (year)."
b. The statement "Sell by (month)(year)" where the month and year in which the germination test was complete is no more than 12 months from the date of the test, exclusive of the month and year of the test.
c. The percentage germination and the calendar month and year that the test was completed to determine the percentage, provided that the germination test was completed within 12 months, exclusive of the month and year of the test.
(4) For seeds which germinate less than the standards last established by the Commissioner and approved by the Board of Agriculture under the Article:
a. Percentage of germination, exclusive of hard seed.
b. Percentage of hard seed, if present.
c. The calendar month and year the test was completed to determine such percentage.
In addition to the individual percentage statement of germination and hard seed, the total percentage of germination and hard seed may be stated as such, if desired.
d. The words "Below Standard" in not less than eight-point type.
(5) Name and address of person who labeled said seed or who sells, offers or exposes said seed for sale within this State. If the seeds are labeled by the shipper for a consignee within this State, the shipper may use his approved code designation with the name and address of the consignee.
(6) Such other information as the Board shall prescribe by rule. (1941, c. 114, s. 4; 1943, c. 203, s. 2; 1945, c. 828; 1949, c. 725; 1959, c. 585, s. 1; 1963, c. 1182; 1971, c. 637, s. 4; 1995, c. 47, s. 2; 2009-455, s. 4.)