The Commissioner of Agriculture shall have the following powers and duties under this Article:
(1) To administer and enforce the provisions of this Article.
(2) To assign and reassign the administrative and enforcement duties and functions assigned to him in this Article to one or more divisions within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(3) To delegate to any division head and other officer or employee of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services any of the powers and duties given to the Department by statute or by rules promulgated pursuant to this Article.
(4) To investigate and determine upon application, whether the warehouse is suitable for the proper storage of cotton.
(5) To conduct investigations of the daily operations of every State licensed warehouse.
(6) To prescribe, within the limits of this Article, the duties of the warehousemen with respect to their care of and responsibility for cotton stored in licensed warehouses.
(7) To issue licenses for the operation of warehouses under this Article.
(8) To cooperate or enter into formal agreements with any other agency of this State or its subdivisions or with any agency of any other state or of the federal government for the purpose of administering or enforcing any of the provisions of this Article. (1987, c. 840, s. 1; 1997-261, s. 55.)