(a) Repealed by Session Laws 1973, c. 1262, s. 28.
(b) The following powers are hereby granted to the Secretary and may be delegated to the administrative head of an existing or new division of the Department as herein authorized:
(1) through (3) Repealed by Session Laws 1977, c. 198, s. 18.
(4) Study the development of the seacoast areas and implement policies which will promote the development of the coastal area, with particular emphasis upon the development of the scenic and recreational resources of the seacoast;
(5) Advise and confer with various interested individuals, organizations and State, federal and local agencies which are interested in development of the seacoast area and use its facilities and efforts in planning, developing and carrying out overall programs for the development of the area as a whole;
(6) Act as liaison between agencies of the State, local government, and agencies of the federal government concerned with development of the seacoast region;
(7) Repealed by Session Laws 1973, c. 1262, s. 28;
(8) Make such reports to the Governor as he may request;
(9) File such recommendations or suggestions as it may deem proper with other agencies of the State, local or federal governments.
Provided, however, that the provisions of this section and G.S. 113-14.2 shall not be construed as affecting the authority of the Environmental Management Commission concerning shore-erosion control or prevention, beach protection, or hurricane protection under G.S. 143-355 or any other provision of law. (1969, c. 1143, ss. 2, 3; 1973, c. 1262, s. 28; 1977, c. 198, s. 18, c. 771, s. 4; 1989, c. 727, s. 34.)