Coastal and Estuarine Commercial Fishing Licenses.
§ 113-168. Definitions.
As used in this Article:
(1) "Commercial fishing operation" means any activity preparatory to, during, or subsequent to the taking of any fish, the taking of which is subject to regulation by the Commission, either with the use of commercial fishing equipment or gear, or by any means if the purpose of the taking is to obtain fish for sale. Commercial fishing operation does not include (i) the taking of fish as part of a recreational fishing tournament, unless commercial fishing equipment or gear is used, (ii) the taking of fish under a RCGL, or (iii) the taking of fish as provided in G.S. 113-261.
(2) "Commission" means the Marine Fisheries Commission.
(3) "Division" means the Division of Marine Fisheries in the Department of Environmental Quality.
(3a) "Immediate family" means the mother, father, brothers, sisters, spouse, children, stepparents, stepbrothers, stepsisters, and stepchildren of a person.
(4) "License year" means the period beginning 1 July of a year and ending on 30 June of the following year.
(5) "North Carolina resident" means a person who is a resident within the meaning of G.S. 113-130(4).
(6) "RCGL" means Recreational Commercial Gear License.
(7) "RSCFL" means Retired Standard Commercial Fishing License.
(8) "SCFL" means Standard Commercial Fishing License. (1997-400, s. 5.1; 1997-443, s. 11A.119(b); 1998-225, s. 4.9; 2001-213, s. 2; 2004-187, s. 6; 2015-241, s. 14.30(u).)