Coastal Recreational Fishing Licenses.
§ 113-174. Definitions.
As used in this Article:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 2005-455, s. 1.2, effective January 1, 2007.
(1a) "CRFL" means Coastal Recreational Fishing License.
(2) "Division" means the Division of Marine Fisheries in the Department of Environmental Quality.
(2a) "For Hire Vessel" means a charter boat, head boat, dive boat, or other vessel hired to allow individuals to engage in recreational fishing.
(3) "North Carolina resident" means an individual who is a resident within the meaning of G.S. 113-130(4).
(4) "Recreational fishing" means any activity preparatory to, during, or subsequent to the taking of any finfish, the taking of which is subject to regulation by the Marine Fisheries Commission, by any means if the purpose of the taking is to obtain finfish that are not to be sold. "Recreational fishing" does not include the taking of finfish:
a. By a commercial fishing operation as defined in G.S. 113-168.
b. For scientific purposes pursuant to G.S. 113-261.
c. Under a RCGL issued pursuant to G.S. 113-173.
(5) Repealed by Session Laws 2005-455, s. 1.2, effective January 1, 2007. (2004-187, s. 2; 2005-455, ss. 1.2, 1.19; 2013-360, s. 14.8(n); 2015-241, s. 14.30(u).)