§ 116-239.6. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Advisory board. - An advisory board established by a chancellor under G.S. 116-239.8.
(2) Board of trustees. - The board of trustees of a constituent institution.
(2a) Chancellor. - The chancellor of a constituent institution who operates a laboratory school approved by the Subcommittee on Laboratory Schools under G.S. 116-239.7 or the chancellor's designee.
(3) Constituent institution. - A constituent institution of The University of North Carolina with an educator preparation program that has a laboratory school operated in accordance with this Article.
(4) Laboratory school. - A public school created under G.S. 116-239.7 that (i) except as otherwise provided in G.S. 116-239.7(a2), is located in a qualifying local school administrative unit that has twenty five percent (25%) or more of the schools located in the unit identified as low-performing under G.S. 115C-105.37 and (ii) serves students in at least three consecutive grade levels in the range of kindergarten through eighth grade.
(4a) President. - The President of The University of North Carolina.
(5) Principal. - The principal of a laboratory school.
(6) Subcommittee. - The Subcommittee on Laboratory Schools. (2016-94, s. 11.6(a); 2017-117, s. 1.)