Education Longitudinal Data System.
§ 116E-1. Definitions.
(1) "Center" means the Governmental Data Analytics Center as established in Part 8 of Article 15 of Chapter 143B of the General Statutes.
(2) "De-identified data" means a data set in which parent and student identity information, including the unique student identifier and student social security number, has been removed.
(3) "FERPA" means the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1232g.
(4) "Student data" means data relating to student performance. Student data includes State and national assessments, course enrollment and completion, grade point average, remediation, retention, degree, diploma or credential attainment, enrollment, discipline records, and demographic data. Student data does not include juvenile delinquency records, criminal records, and medical and health records.
(5) "System" means the North Carolina Longitudinal Data System.
(6) "Unique Student Identifier" or "UID" means the identifier assigned to each student by one of the following:
a. A local school administrative unit based on the identifier system developed by the Department of Public Instruction.
b. An institution of higher education, nonpublic school, or other State agency operating or overseeing an educational program, if the student has not been assigned an identifier by a local school administrative unit.
(7) "Workforce data" means data relating to employment status, wage information, geographic location of employment, and employer information. (2012-133, s. 1(a); 2016-94, s. 7.14(a).)