§ 130A-309.13. Solid Waste Management Outreach Program.
(a) The Department shall develop an outreach program to promote waste reduction and recycling. From funds available to the Department for this program, the Department may engage in any of the following outreach activities:
(1) Provide public education regarding waste reduction and recycling.
(2) Provide technical assistance regarding waste reduction and recycling to units of local government.
(3) Conduct research on the solid waste stream in North Carolina.
(4) Develop secondary materials markets by providing technical and financial support, including providing technical and financial support to private recycling businesses, including use of processed scrap tire materials.
(5) Provide funding for the activities of the Division of Environmental Assistance and Outreach.
(b) It is the intent of the General Assembly to allow the Department to satisfy grant obligations that extend beyond the end of the fiscal year.
(c) The Department shall include in the report required by G.S. 130A-309.06(c) a description of the outreach program under this section. This report shall specify the type of outreach activity under each of subdivisions (1) through (5) under subsection (a) of this section and the amount of program funds the Department expended for each activity during the previous year. (2013-360, s. 14.18(c).)