§ 130A-309.53. Definitions.
Unless a different meaning is required by the context, the following definitions shall apply throughout this Part:
(1) "Collection site" means a site used for the storage of scrap tires.
(2) "Disposal fee" is any amount charged by a tire collector, tire processor, or unit of local government in exchange for accepting scrap tires.
(3) "In-county scrap tire" means any scrap tire brought for disposal from inside the county in which the collection or processing site is located.
(4) "Out-of-county scrap tire" means any scrap tire brought for disposal from outside the county in which the collection or processing site is located.
(5) "Processing site" means a site actively used to produce or manufacture usable materials, including fuel, from scrap tires. Commercial enterprises processing scrap tires shall not be considered solid waste management facilities insofar as the provisions of G.S. 130A-294(a)(4) and G.S. 130A-294(b) are concerned.
(6) "Scrap tire" means a tire that is no longer suitable for its original, intended purpose because of wear, damage, or defect.
(7) "Tire" means a continuous solid or pneumatic rubber covering that encircles the wheel of a vehicle. Bicycle tires and other tires for vehicles propelled by human power are not subject to the provisions of this Part.
(8) "Tire collector" means a person who owns or operates a site used for the storage, collection, or deposit of more than 50 scrap tires.
(9) "Tire hauler" means a person engaged in the picking up or transporting of scrap tires for the purpose of storage, processing, or disposal.
(10) "Tire processor" means a person who engages in the processing of scrap tires or one who owns or operates a tire processing site.
(11) "Tire retailer" means a person who engages in the retail sale of a tire in any quantity for any use or purpose by the purchaser other than for resale. (1989, c. 784, s. 3; 1991, c. 221, s. 2; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 594, s. 21.)