133-13. Administration.

(a) The agency may enter into contracts with any individual, firm, association or corporation for services in connection with relocation assistance programs.

(b) The agency shall in carrying out relocation assistance activities utilize, whenever practicable, the services of other State or local agencies having experience in the administration or conduct in similar housing assistance activities.

(c) In acquisition of right-of-way for any State highway project, a municipality making the acquisition shall be vested with the same authority to render such services and to make such payments as is given the Board of Transportation in this Article. Such municipalities furnishing right-of-way are authorized to enter into contracts with any other municipal corporation, or State or federal agency, rendering such services. (1971, c. 1107, s. 1; 1973, c. 507, s. 5.)