§ 18B-107.  Alcoholic beverages for use in air commerce.

(a)        Purchase and Storage. - The Commission may issue permits authorizing air carriers offering regularly scheduled or chartered flights in foreign, interstate, or intrastate commerce to purchase malt beverages, unfortified wine, and fortified wine from any wholesaler or retailer licensed in this State, and to transport those  alcoholic beverages. The Commission may also authorize air carriers to store, at facilities approved by the Commission, alcoholic beverages to be sold or served pursuant to subsection (b).

(b)        Sale. - Air carriers may sell and serve alcoholic beverages anywhere in this State to passengers while in transit aboard any aircraft. At airports which service airplanes boarding at least 150,000 passengers annually, air carriers may serve complimentary alcoholic beverages to their passengers in air carrier passenger rooms approved by the Commission. Alcoholic beverages may not be sold in such a room unless a permit has been issued under Article 10 authorizing sale there. (1981, c. 412, s. 2.)