30-23. Right of appeal.

The personal representative, or the surviving spouse, or child by a the child's guardian or next friend, or any creditor, devisee, or heir of the deceased, may appeal from the finding of the magistrate or clerk of court to the superior court of the county, by filing a copy of the assignment and a notice of appeal within 10 days after the assignment, and the appeal shall be heard as provided in G.S. 1-301.2, provided that the hearing on the appeal shall be at the next available session of superior court. (1868-9, c. 93, s. 16; Code, s. 2124; 1897, c. 442; Rev., s. 3100; C.S., s. 4117; 1961, c. 749, s. 9; 1989, c. 11, s. 4; 1997-310, s. 3; 2011-284, s. 23; 2011-344, s. 7; 2012-71, s. 2(d).)