§ 57D-7-03. Application for certificate of authority.
(a) A foreign LLC may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this State by delivering an application to the Secretary of State for filing. The application must provide the following information:
(1) The name of the foreign LLC and, if different, a name that satisfies the requirements of Article 3 of Chapter 55D of the General Statutes.
(2) The name of the jurisdiction under whose law it is organized.
(3) The street address, and the mailing address if different from the street address, of its principal office, if any, and the county in which the principal office, if any, is located.
(4) The street address, and the mailing address if different from the street address, of its registered office in this State and the name of its registered agent at that office.
(5) The names, titles, and business addresses of the foreign LLC's principal company officials.
(b) A foreign LLC shall deliver with the completed application for the certificate of authority a certificate of existence or a document of similar import duly authenticated by the Secretary of State or other official having custody of limited liability company records in the jurisdiction under whose law it is organized.
(c) If the Secretary of State finds that the application conforms to law, the Secretary of State when all taxes, fees, and other payments have been tendered as prescribed in this Chapter, shall do the following:
(1) File the application and the certificate of existence or a document of similar import as described in subsection (b) of this section, as provided in G.S. 55D-15.
(2) Issue a certificate of authority to transact business in this State to which the Secretary of State shall affix the exact or conformed copy of the application.
(3) Send to the foreign LLC or its representative the certificate of authority, together with the exact or conformed copy of the application affixed thereto. (2013-157, s. 2.)