74-61. Administrative and judicial review of decisions.

An applicant, permittee, or affected person may contest a decision of the Department to deny, suspend, modify, or revoke a permit or a reclamation plan, to refuse to release part or all of a bond or other security, or to assess a civil penalty by filing a petition for a contested case under G.S. 150B-23 within 30 days after the Department makes the decision. Article 4 of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes governs judicial review of a decision of the Commission. (1971, c. 545, s. 16; 1973, c. 1262, s. 33; 1977, c. 771, s. 4; 1979, c. 252, s. 3; 1987, c. 827, s. 86; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 568, s. 9; 2011-398, s. 30.)