97-46. Lump sum payments to trustee; receipt to discharge employer.

Whenever the Industrial Commission deems it expedient any lump sum, subject to the provisions of G.S. 97-44, shall be paid by the employer to some suitable person or corporation appointed by the superior court in the county wherein the accident occurred, as trustee, to administer the same for the benefit of the person entitled thereto, in the manner provided by the Commission. The receipt of such trustee for the amount as paid shall discharge the employer or anyone else who is liable therefor. (1929, c. 120, s. 45.)